WaiBOP Football have established a series of introductory courses to encourage those who want to take the first steps to become qualified referees.
The following referee courses for football and futsal referees:
Community Referee (online)
A short introduction to the Laws of the Game for those interested in the way the game is officiated and who wish to learn a little more.
Fully online – done anytime.
Level One Football Referee & Level One Futsal Referee
New referees go through this course before becoming available for appointment to games.
The course is essentially ‘Refereeing 101’, covering the basic requirements to referee a game.
Football & Futsal
All courses have been suspended until further notice as a result of precautions to help minimise the spread of the coronavirus.
How to register
All courses are registered through MyComet.
Here are the steps required using MyComet:
1. Log in to MyComet using the link above and your log in details.
2. If you forgot your details, use the ‘Forgot password/username?’ function.
3. If you do not have a profile, click ‘Sign up’
1. In the sidebar click on ‘Register’.
2. Under ‘Choose seller’ type ‘WaiBOP’ and select ‘WaiBOP Football Federation’.
3. Select the appropriate item [course] by clicking the green shopping cart.
4. Complete the compulsory info.
5. Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the green ‘Proceed to checkout’ button.
6. Check the NZ Football terms and conditions box then click ‘Submit’.
7. Select appropriate payment method and make payment.
8. You will receive an email just prior to the course confirming.
Want to know more?
Any questions, please email referee manager C-K Kawana-Waugh.