Cambridge FC’s grounds are closed for all training and games at least the end of April in line with the move to Alert Level 4 in the national plan to combat the COVID-19 virus.
The club’s grounds have been closed since March 18 when football’s national body announced the immediate suspension of training and the postponement of this season’s competitions.
For Cambridge FC, the plan to prevent the spread of infection means:
- The closure of training grounds (junior and senior) till at least April 30.
- The postponement of all senior and youth competitions till at least May 2.
- The postponement of coaching workshops at our club planned for March 18 and March 27.
- The postponement of a Fit4Football workshop at our club planned for March 30.
- The postponement of a school holiday programme run by the Ricki Herbert Football Academy planned for Apriil 22-24. This will move to the July school holidays.
Referee courses have been suspended till further notice except for online courses for Community Referee qualifications (click here for details).
The committee of Cambridge FC has agreed that its policy will be to adopt and adhere to NZ Football guidelines for combatting the spread of COVID-19. The club expects its members to respect its policy.
New Zealand Football will continue to take advice from the Government and the Ministry of Health.